UPDATE: April 28, 2017 --
Information about our 55th Reunion on April 28, 2018 -
(1) The organizing committee decided on charging only $40 for the lunch buffet, which will feature fish and vegetarian lasagna (costs extra as a substitution) and other items that are on the menu:
(2) The buffet time will be from 12pm – 4pm, and maybe extra time if no one books the place for dinner. That might entail an extra charge.
(3) Ruth (Raggy) Hunter will be collecting checks as soon as you can make the payment. She needs to make a $350 deposit (in August) to secure the reservation for our GW Class of 1963. Send check to: Ruth Hunter, 1308 Lombardi Lane, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
55th Reunion Registration Form
(4) As far as the extras, it seems that having decorations, door prizes, orchids, entertainment, souvenirs, etc. is a luxury we can live without. As Sheldon puts it succinctly, "Keep it simple. The whole purpose of it is for the troops to be able to visit and talk with one another." The one souvenir that will be handed out to each classmate at the reunion will be a free Reunion CD that was compiled from previous reunions.
(5) Miscellaneous (Honorable Mentions):
Dan will bring the posters from the previous reunions, including the one with those classmates who have "left the building."
Wings will handle the soft background music.
Jack will send Wings the music.
Marilyn will help Sheldon with calling classmates.
Jacqui will design and make the 55th reunion banner using her tech-expertise.
Paul will make the name tags.
UPDATE ( Jan. 17, 2017) The date for our next reunion is set. Teresa Moore, the general manager at the United Irish Cultural Center, has put us on the schedule for Saturday, April 28, 2018. Please mark the date for our 55th Reunion on your calendar. The United Irish Cultural Center is located at 2700 45th Ave. (at Sloat Blvd) in San Francisco, CA. More information about the event will be coming soon, including registration forms that Sheldon Wong will provide for us. Hope to see all of you at our next reunion!
Previous Reunion News (70th Birthday Bash):
Hey Gang --
That was a great party last Saturday night, and as all of our reunions goes, we want another one. But, we always say that as the reunions are always a lot of fun and we never want them to end. However, when it comes time to have another one, things are always sketchy. As we had a small number of attendees just 6 weeks ago, we were on the verge of canceling the party, but then we combined with the '64 classes along with a whole slew of late signups and quite a few last minute walk ins to have the great crowd that we did.
So here's what we're thinking and it's all up to you. Dan has proposed another reunion in 2020 when we all turn 75. All we have to do is make it to 2020. Plan B would be to go ahead and hold something in 2018 when technically it would be our 55th reunion. The idea is to see each other more frequently these days because waiting 5 years may be too late for a lot of us. I hate to keep bringing up the fact that time is not on our side these days, but we play the cards we're dealt with. So, that is something for you all to think about and let us know how you feel about future reunions.
In the meantime, to keep in touch, the central meeting place on the internet for our class is our class page on Facebook. Please join us on Facebook at the GWHS Spring Class of '63.
I've also attached the class directory for you so that you can look up your classmates to see where they are these days. While waiting for another reunion, how about forming your own little breakfast groups locally like the one we have here in Portland/Vancouver area? Personally, it has been extremely gratifying getting to know my classmates who I did not know while we were in school, and I do believe that you will have the same experience with them. Also, with the class directory, should Dan and I not be around for the next one, we hope that some of you will pick up the mantle and carry one. You are a great bunch of people and you all deserve this.
A great time was had by all last Saturday, and I tried to circulate as much as possible as being the official host, and I am sorry if I didn't get a chance to say good-by to everybody when you all left. Guess I'll have to wait until the next one to do it right. Huge thank you to Georgina (and husband), Raggy, Paul W., and Wings for helping Dan out. Sorry if I missed anyone else who helped out.
So, in closing, let me know what your thoughts are regarding future reunions as we are all looking forward to seeing you all again. From this point on, I wish you all the best that life has to offer.
(Oct. 21, 2015): OK, gang. Here's what we've got going so far. The tentative date for our next get together is Apr. 28, 2018. We've tentatively tagged the Irish Cultural Center as to where to hold it, and it will be a luncheon from either 12:00-4:00 PM, or 2:00-6:00 PM. As it is two and a half years away, we know that a lot of things will change during that time, but at least you can mark it down on your calendars now. Comments?